Brand Manager Beauty
This position will report to the Sr. Brand Manager Beauty.
This position requires the ability to think strategically, lead inter-departmental teams to execute company and brand objectives, and tactically execute those deliverables on time. A high degree of analytics is required to perform the essential job duties. Monitor market trends and identify new Beauty products, competitive activity, and consumer’s behaviors (both at B2B and B2C levels). Ability to problem solve; identify issues/opportunities and articulate direction(s) for integrated marketing activities and proactively ensure on-time deliverables.
A master collaborator is also required to perform the essential job duties. Must be able to have positive partnerships within the company and externally. Must have excellent communications skills. Must be a team player and have a get-it-done attitude even if it requires them to roll-up their sleeves to tactically execute as necessary. Possesses and portrays a mature, professional, ethical and positive company image and demeanor at all times. Shows responsibility in punctuality and attendance; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; available as necessary when out of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
Division of Skillset
- 80% Performing Tactics
- 20% Leading Teams
Marketing, Operations and Project Management
- Assist Sr. Brand Manager to manage and facilitate process and development of product ideation, pricing, packaging, and design
- Build cross-functional relationships internally
- Establish project priorities and partner with Project Management team on timeline development and ensure deadlines are kept on target
- Support the Sr. Brand Manager with developing seasonal, annual, and long term marketing strategies and promotions. Plans for in-line and new products, and in existing and new international markets
- Identify new product trends, areas of product innovation and product portfolio opportunities.
- Monitor market trends, competitive activity, and consumers behaviors (both at B2B and B2C levels)
- Ability to problem solve; identify issues/opportunities and articulate direction(s) for integrated marketing activities and proactively ensure on-time deliverables
- Perform presentations internally and at sales meetings (as needed)
- Responsible for the brand booth set-up, break-down and merchandising planograms for all conventions and events. Ability to carry 30 pounds boxes and stand for long periods of time.
Business Administration Management and Communications
- High degree of demonstrated leadership and problem solving
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to prioritize amongst many competing activities
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making capability under pressure
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build, motivate and lead cross-functional teams and adept in working within a global matrix organization
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal)
- Handles conflict constructively; favoring personal interaction whenever possible
- Possesses and portrays a mature, professional, ethical and positive company image and demeanor
- Communicates with honesty and in a constructive and supportive manner
- Displays commitment to excellence; looking for ways to improve
- Shows responsibility in punctuality and attendance; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; available as necessary when out of the office
- Ability to use Emotional Intelligence in order to complete the tasks at hand
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 or more years of brand management experience from leading consumer goods companies: Beauty (Personal Care)
- Able to develop plans and operate within those guidelines
- Strategic thinker, strong effective leader, and ability to tactically execute
- High degree of analytics; ability to synthesize complex information and convey to people with varying degrees of expertise
- Experience in Direct Selling industry is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.